Celebrities like Kourtney Kardashian go gaga over manuka honey because of the reported health benefits this variety of honey has. Several studies have confirmed the antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties of manuka honey. However, 8 ounces of premium New Zealand manuka honey can cost $75 because it is a mono-floral honey made from flowers that only bloom 2-6 weeks a year and provides the unique anti-bacterial benefits not found in other honeys. So make sure you get the maximum benefits out of every drop.
Here are some of the most popular ways to enjoy your PURAO manuka honey.
Manuka Honey Soap Recipe
The great thing about PURAO manuka honey is that it has non-peroxide activity, which means it retain its effectiveness regardless of exposure to heat and other processes. In this 10-minute soap recipe, you will need a microwave oven.
- Goat’s milk soap base
- Natural manuka honey
- Cut the goat’s milk soap base into cubes and melt in increments for 20-30 minutes in a microwave oven. Stir well after each microwave session to ensure that there are no lumps and the melted soap is smooth.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of honey to the melted soap. Pour the concoction into the mold and allow to sit until cool.
- This manuka honey soap recipe is ideal for the treatment of acne and general complexion brightening.
Manuka Honey Facial Mask
There are two ways to use manuka honey as a facial mask. You can apply it directly onto skin or blend it with a pinch of cinnamon. Leave the mask on for at least 20 minutes before gently wiping it off.
If you use the same mixture as a spot treatment, leave it on overnight. Repeat the procedure until blemishes disappear.
Manuka Honey Drink for Sore Throat
A study published in the Journal of Leukocyte Biology in 2007 claims that manuka honey stimulates the immune cells, making it an effective remedy for a sore throat. The results of such a study were proven in a separate examination in 2011 showing the effects of manuka honey against sore throat causing Strep bacteria.
Also, the use of manuka honey to heal inflammation in the throat because of chemotherapy has been approved by the National Cancer Institute.
A spoonful of honey almost always causes immediate relief from a sore throat. But if you want to be a bit more creative, here’s a recipe for a manuka honey drink.
- A teaspoon of manuka honey
- Add some lemons with water. Add a teaspoon of manuka honey after. Stir. Enjoy!
Please note that you can use hot water or cold water, depending on your preference.
Manuka Honey Cheesecake with Yummy Raspberries
- Four lemon shortbread biscuits
- 140 full-fat soft cheese
- 50mL double cream
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. manuka honey
- 125g punnet raspberry
- Crush the biscuits then arrange them inside two 2 x 9cm metal rings. Don’t forget to press down to form the base.
- In a bowl, whisk the cheese with the sugar, double cream and 2 tbsp. of manuka honey until you form soft peaks. Spoon the mixture and spread on top of the biscuit base. Chill the cheesecake until you’re ready to serve them for dessert.
- Crush the raspberries with 1 tbsp. of manuka honey. Warm the edge of the metal rings using a blowtorch. Spoon over the raspberries and enjoy!
To ensure that manuka honey and other concentrated products you buy is genuine, choose PURAO. PURAO is packed and independently tested in New Zealand so you are guaranteed the real manuka honey from New Zealand. It is made with 100% natural products, making it safe for the use of the entire family.
What’s your favorite manuka honey recipe? Share it with us!