New Zealand Manuka Honey
New Zealand manuka honey is buzzing with unique antibacterial activity. Harvested from manuka trees, this variety is rich with proven medical applications resulting in the development of gels, creams and even wound dressings impregnated with the unique medical-grade manuka honey.
Some of the medical uses of New Zealand manuka honey:
- It controls the growth of H. Pylori, which causes stomach ulcers
- Effective against Staph infections.
- Is anti-inflammatory and is used to quickly reduce pain
- Highly effective against Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), acid reflux and low stomach acid
- Used as treatment for acne and eczema
- Assists in the healing of burns, wounds, and ulcers
- Used to cure periodontal disease and gingivitis
- Provides relief from allergies and sinusitis
- Stops the growth of Strep bacteria, which causes sore throat
- and reduces colonic inflammation and restores lipid peroxidation
Emerging New Zealand Manuka Honey Benefits
New studies into the New Zealand manuka honey suggest that it may have a bigger role to play against the so-called superbugs. Superbugs are antibiotic-resistant bacteria that can cause serious illness and worse, death.
A study headed by Bashir Lwaleed at the University of Southampton in the United Kingdom found that even low dilutions of the New Zealand Manuka Honey are enough to curb the activity and growth of the Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis.
Further, the study shows that Manuka Honey can inhibit the stickiness of the bacteria to as much as 77 percent after three days of using a dilution of 16.7 percent.
Although the study isn’t enough to draw any firm conclusions, it’s still encouraging to see such outstanding results. It must be remembered that superbugs are protected by their bacterial biofilms that stick to any surface. By attacking their protective biofilms, superbugs can be killed.
Choosing Authentic PURAO Manuka Honey
The scarcity of manuka honey and the global demand has created a black market. Counterfeit manuka honey has been created by blending different honey varieties and artificially adulterating the honey, which changes the honey structure so it does not have the anti-bacterial effect seen in PURAO manuka honey.
Here’s a quick list to check for the authenticity of Manuka Honey:
- The MGO grade and the presence of DHA and Leptosperin.
- It should be made of manuka honey that has been harvested, packed and independently tested in New Zealand. The manuka tree is endemic in New Zealand and Australia. However, the best manuka honey is from New Zealand.
Harvest the Maximum Benefits of PURAO Manuka Honey
The PURAO Manuka Honey uses MGO grading. Here’s a quick explanation of what manuka honey MGO you should use:
|General honey health benefits|
|For natural healing and bacterial balance|
|Super levels of phenols. This is highly therapeutic manuka honey. However, do not exceed ingesting 1 tbsp. at a time|
If you intend to use manuka honey for various skin conditions, choose PURAO BIOMEDI+. PURAO BIOMEDI+ contains antibacterial medical honey that has been proven to support skin healing and health. It is suitable for everyday use by the whole family. A great solution for the first aid kit to treat everyday skin issues from mild to moderate skin problems.